94. Coronin promotes the rapid assembly and cross-linking of actin filaments and may link the actin and microtubule cytoskeletons in yeast. Goode, B.L., Wong, J.J., Butty, A-C., Peter, M., McCormack, A.L., Yates, J.R., Drubin, D.G., Barnes, G. (1998) J. Cell Biol. 144, 83-98 (1998).
90. The ATM-related cofactor Tra1 is a component of the purified SAGA complex, P. A. Grant, D. Schieltz, M. G. Pray-Grant, J. R. Yates, III, and J. L. Workman, Molecular Cell 2, 863-867 (1998)
85. TRA1: A yeast protein related to human DNA-dependent protein kinase is a component of the ADA/SPT transcriptional regulatory complexes, A. Saleh, D. Schieltz, N. Ting, J. R. Yates, S. P. Lees Miller, and C. J. Brandl, J. Bio. Chem. 273, 26,559-65 (1998).
84. A subset of TAFIIs are integral components of the SAGA complex required for nucleosome acetylation and transcriptional stimulation, P. A. Grant, D. Schieltz, M. G. Pray-Grant, D. J. Steger, J. C. Reese, J. Yates, and J. L. Workman, Cell 94, 45-53 (1998)
83. The septins are required for the mitosis-specific activation of the Gin4 kinase, C. Carroll, R. Altman, D. Schieltz, J. Yates, and D. Kellog, J. Cell Biology 143, 709-717 (1998)
81. The hMre11/hRad50 protein complex and Nijmegen breakage syndrome: Linkage of DNA repair to the cellular DNA damage response, J. P. Carney, R. S. Maser, H. Olivares, E. M. Davis, M. Lebeau, J. R. Yates, III, L. Hays, W. F. Morgan, J. H. J. Petrini, Cell 93, 477-486 (1998)
80. Database Searching using Mass Spectrometry data, J. R. Yates, Electrophoresis 19, 893-900 (1998)
79. Primary structure and function of an A-kinase anchoring protein associated with calcium channels, P. C. Gray, B. D. Johnson, R. E. Westenbroek, L. G. Hays, J. R. Yates, T. Schuer, W. A. Cattarall, and B. J. Murphy, Neuron 20, 1017-1026 (1998).
78. TRAP, A Putative Vesicle Receptor on the cis-Golgi Complex, Michael Sacher, Yu Jiang, Jemima Barrowman, Judy Burston, Li Zhang, David Schieltz, John R. Yates III, Hagai Abeliovich and Susan Ferro-Novick, EMBO J. 17, 2494-2503.
77. Protein identification at the low femtomole level from silver stained gels using MicroLC/MicroESI/MS/MS, T. Gatlin, G. Kleemann, L. Hays, J. Yates, Analytical Biochemistry 263, 93-101 (1998)
76. Method to compare CID spectra of peptides: the potential for library searching and subtractive analysis with MS/MS data, J. Yates, J. Eng Analytical Chemistry 70, 3557-3565 (1998).
75. Mass Spectrometry and the age of the proteome, John R. Yates, III, J. Mass Spectrometry 33, 1-19 (1998).
74. High throughput protein characterization by automated reversed-phase chromatography/electrospray tandem mass spectrometry, Axel Ducret, Inge Van Osteveen, Jimmy K. Eng, John R. Yates, III, Ruedi Aebersold, Protein Science 7, 706-719 (1998).
73. Emerging tandem mass spectrometry techniques for the rapid identification of proteins, Ashok Dongre, Jimmy K. Eng, and John R. Yates, Trends in Biotechnology 15,418-425 (1997).
72. Automated protein identification using micro-column liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry, John R. Yates, III, Edwin Carmack, Lara Hays, Andrew J. Link, and Jimmy K. Eng, Methods in Molecular Biology: 2-D Proteome Analysis Protocols, Ed Andrew J. Link, Humana Press, 1997, v. 112 .pp 553-569.
71. Identifying the major proteome components of Haemophilus influenzae type strain NCTC 8143, Andrew J. Link, Lara Hays, Edwin Carmack, and John R. Yates, III, Electrophoresis 18, 1314-1334 (1997).
70. Matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization/quadrupole ion trap mass spectrometry of peptides; application to the localization of phosphorylation sites on the P protein from Sendai virus, Karen Jonscher and John R. Yates, III, J. Biological Chemistry 272, 1735-1741, 1997.
68. Book review, Review of Protein and Peptide Analysis by Mass Spectrometry, Edited by John R. Chapman, Analytica Chimica Acta, 343, 1997, 296
67. Kinetics of folding of the IgG binding domain of peptostreptoccocal protein L, Michelle L. Scalley, Qian Yi, Hongdi Gu, Ashley McCormack, John R. Yates, III, David Baker Biochemistry 36, 3373-82 (1997).
66. Direct analysis of protein mixtures by tandem mass spectrometry, J. R. Yates, A. L. McCormack, D. Schieltz, E. Carmack, and A. Link, J. Protein Chemistry 16, 495-497, 1997.
64. Direct database searching using tandem mass spectra of peptides, J. R. Yates, III, Cell Biology: A laboratory Handbook, Second Edition, Ed. J. E. Celis, Academic Press, Volume 4, pgs 529-538 (1997).
63. Peptide sequencing by tandem mass spectrometry, K. Jonscher and J. R. Yates, III, Cell Biology: A laboratory Handbook, Second Edition, Ed. J. E. Celis, Academic Press, Volume 4, pgs 539-546 (1997).
62. The quadrupole ion trap mass spectrometry: A small solution for a big challenge, K. Jonscher and J. R. Yates, III, Analytical Biochemistry, 244, 1-15, 1997.
61. High throughput analysis of tandem mass spectrometry data for peptides, J. R. Yates, III, E. Carmack, and J. K. Eng, Lab Automation , 2, 28-31 (1997).
60. A strategy for the identification of proteins localized to in subcellular spaces: application to E. coli periplasmic proteins, A. Link, E. Carmack, and J. R. Yates, III, Int. J. Mass Spectrom. Ion Processes 160, 303-316, 1997.
57. Direct analysis and identification of proteins in mixtures by LC/MS/MS and database searching at the low femtomole level, A. L. McCormack, D. Schieltz, J. K. Eng, B. Goode, S. Yang, G. Barnes, D. Drubin, and J. R. Yates, III, Anal. Chem. 69, 767-776 (1997)
69. Analysis of Naturally Processed peptides eluted from HLA DRB1*0402 and *0404, James B. Hayden, Ashley L. McCormick, John R. Yates, III, and Michael P. Davey, J. Neuroscience Research 45, 795-902, (1996).
65. Protein identification by solid-phase microextraction-capillary zone electrophoresis- microelectropray tandem mass spectrometry, D. Figeys, A. Ducret, J. R. Yates, III, R. Aebersold, Nature Biotechnology 14, 1579-1583 (1996).
59. The whys and wherefores of quadrupole ion trap mass spectrometry, K. Jonscher and J. R. Yates, III, ABRF Newsletter, 1996 Sept.
58. Protein database searching with MSn spectra of polypeptides, Jimmy K. Eng and John R. Yates, III, in Ultrasensitive Biochemical Diagnostics, Gerald E. Cohn, Steven A. Soper, C. H. Winston Chen, Editors, Proc. SPIE 2680, pp 378-382, (1996).
55. Analysis of complex systems by using micro-column LC/ESI/MS/MS, A. Link, J. Eng, J. Yates, American Laboratory 1996, July, 27-30.
54. Future prospects for the analysis of complex biological systems by using micro-column LC/ESI/MS/MS, J. Yates, A. McCormack, A. Link, D. Schieltz, J. Eng, The Analyst 121, 65R-76R (1996).
53. Identification of phosphorylation sites of Human 85 kDa cytosolic phospholipase A2 expressed in insect cells and present in human monocytes, M. G. S. de Carvalho, A. L. McCormack, E. Olson, F. Ghomaschi, M. Gelb, J. Yates, and C. Leslie, J. Biological Chemistry 271, 6987-6997 (1996).
52. Mining Genomes with Mass Spectrometry: J. Yates, A. L. McCormack, and J. Eng, Analytical Chemistry 68, 534A-540A, (1996).
50. Searching databases by using high energy CID spectra of peptides, J. Yates, J. Eng, C. Klausner, A. L. Burlingame, J. Am. Soc. Mass Spectrom. 7, 1089-1096 (1996).
49. Mixture analysis using a hybrid quadrupole mass filter/quadrupole ion trap mass spectrometer, K. Jonscher and J. R. Yates, Analytical Chemistry 68, 659-667, 1996
42. Protein structure analysis by mass spectrometry, J. R. Yates, High resolution separations of biomolecules, Methods in Enzymology, Eds. W. Hancock and B. Karger, vol 271B, 351-377, 1996.
44. Peptide sequence analysis on quadrupole mass spectrometers, A. L. McCormack, J. K. Eng, and J. R. Yates, III, Methods: A companion to Methods in Enzymology, Ed. J. E. Shively 6, 274-283 (1994).
43. An approach to correlate MS/MS data to amino acid sequences in a protein database, J. K. Eng, A. L. McCormack, and J. R. Yates, III, J. American Soc. Mass Spectrom. 5, 976-989 (1994).
41. Invariant-cognate peptide exchange restores class II dimer stability in HLA-DM mutants, T. Monji, A. L. McCormack, J. R. Yates, III, and D. Pious, J. Immunology 153, 4468-4477 (1994)
39. Sequencing peptides derived from the class II major histocompatibility complex by tandem mass spectrometry, J. R. Yates, III, A. L. McCormack, J. Hayden, M. Davey, Cell Biology: A laboratory Handbook, Ed. J. E. Celis, Academic Press, pg. 380-388 (1994).
35. Complete enzymatic deglycosylation of native sex steroid-binding protein (SBP or SHBG) of human and rabbit plasma. Effect on the steroid-binding activity, P. H. Petra, P. R. Griffin, J. R. Yates, III, K. Moore, and W. Zhang, Protein Science 1, 902-909 (1992).
34. Assembly and aggregation properties of synthetic Alzheimer's A4/beta amyloid peptide analogs, D. Burdick, B. Soreghan, J. Kosmoski, M. Knauer, A. Henschen, J. R. Yates, III, C. Gotman, and C. Glabe, J. Biological Chemistry 1992, 267, 546-54.
33. Analysis of Proteins by Mass Spectrometry, P. R. Griffin, K. Furer-Jonshur, L. E. Hood, J. R. Yates, III, J. Schwartz, and I Jardine, Techniques in Protein Chemistry III, Ed. R. A. Angeletti, Academic Press, N. Y., 1992, pp. 467-476.
29. Computer Aided Interpretation of Low Energy MS/MS Mass Spectra of Peptides, J. R. Yates, III, J. Zhou, P. R. Griffin and L. E. Hood, Techniques in Protein Chemistry II, J. Villafranca, Ed., Academic Press, N. Y., 1990, 477-485.
28. The amino acid sequence of the acidic subunit B-chain of crotoxin, S. Aird, J. R. Yates, III, P. M. Martino, J. Shabanowitz, D. F. Hunt, I. I. Kaiser, Bioc. Biop. Acta 1990, 1040, 217-224.
27. Metabolism-Based Covalent Bonding of the Heme Prosthetic Group to its Apoprotein During the Reductive Debromination of BrCCl3 by Myoglobin, Y. Osawa, B. M. Martin, P. R. Griffin, J. R. Yates, III, D. F. Hunt, A. Murphy, L. Chen, R. J. Cotter, and L. R. Pohl, J. Biological Chemistry 1990, 265, 10340-10346.
26. The complete sequence of the acidic subunit from Mojave toxin determined by Edman degradation and mass spectrometryt, A. L. Bieber, R. R. Becker, R. McParland, D. F. Hunt, J. R. Yates, III, J. Shabanowitz, G. R. Johnson, Biochemical Biophysical Acta 1990, 1037, 413-421.
25. Protein and Oligopeptide Sequence Analysis by Triple Quadrupole and Quadrupole Fourier Transform Mass Spectrometry, D. F. Hunt, J. Shabanowitz, P. R. Griffin, J. R. Yates, III, P. A. Martino, and A. L. McCormack, in Biological Mass Spectrometry , 1990 , A. L. Burlingame and J. A. McCloskey, Eds. (Elsevier Science Publishers, Amsterdam), 337-362.
24. Peptide Sequence Analysis by Triple Quadrupole and Quadrupole Fourier Transform Mass Spectrometry, D. F. Hunt, T. Krishnamurthy, J. Shabanowitz, P. R. Griffin, J. R. Yates, III, P. A. Martino, A. L. McCormack and C. R. Hauer, in Mass Spectrometry of Peptides , D. Desiderio, Ed., CRC Press, 1990.